Wednesday 20 November 2013

Creating an end Goal.

After working on a few images that will be posted shortly, I've found that it's all well and good to create pieces, but without a more specific end goal I find I have less of a focus on the challenges I should set myself. With this in mind I have decided to contextualise my final piece.

I will be reworking artwork found on a Magic the Gathering card. For example, the artwork for "Joven's Ferrets" is known throughout the magic community as being pretty "awful". The artwork itself isn't all that bad, but it doesn't inspire people to feel attached to the card or respect it. Magic the Gathering is very much centralised around its artwork, so good, striking artwork creates nostalgia and love for that card, regardless of it's individual strength. I would take such a card and recreate the artwork under the internal environment that Wizards of the Coast commissioned me to do such a thing.


This allows me to work more to the guidelines commercial artists would work through when creating a piece for a large company, and also allows me to inject more of my passions into my work in this module.

No comments:

Post a Comment